Wednesday, September 25, 2013

For A Sweet tooth


Plain cake drizzled with Strawberry crush & Blueberry syrup,
decorated with roasted cashews

Idle mind is devil's workshop...is what I was taught right from childhood.  There were many instances I had felt it was true and would immediately involve myself in some or the other activity. During one such moment, I started blogging and boy, what a joy it has brought to me!! Through 'In my leisure' blog that I created, I now have a platform to post my thoughts, ideas, photos and experiences etc and share them with my friends and readers.



Today, I had all the time in the world at MY disposal but did not have the heart or mind to do anything else until I sunk my teeth into something sweet.  In the past few days, I had not made any sweet nor had I stocked anything in the snack dabba (which generally has some biscuits or chaklis etc for evening teatime). Initially I thought of doing some household chores just to keep myself occupied and wondered if that would take my mind away from helping myself to some sugar or jaggery.  Alas, that was not to be so. So I got ready within a few minutes and rushed to the nearest super-market.  Though I walked past the well-stacked racks there still did not want to pick up those Jamuns or Rosogulla dabbas which have a synthetic feel/taste. And of course I did not want to get the instant mix and prepare some myseflf.  This mind can get really weird at times!! So got hold of a plain cake round and mentally assessed if I had some varieties of crush and fruit syrup bottles back home. Yes, thanks to our regular Mahabaleshwar (Maharashtra) trips, there were some bottles still in the refrigerator. Picked up some groceries too and rushed back home.



Relaxing by the window-side, scoop out spoonfuls and
enjoy the fruity flavors.

Pushed all other work aside - ONLY important work could be to make the cake round appear as delicious & attractive as possible and make myself comfortable by the window-side, relax and just enjoy what I have created (of course nothing new but for a change it isn't the typical sweet I prepare at home regularly).  It is the Strawberry Crush & Blueberry syrup drizzled cake!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment