Sunday, February 9, 2014

Salad Sunday!


It seemed to be a lazy, dull and drab Sunday, yesterday. Needed to add some colour and fun to it! Should I go out and take a walk and try to click some pictures of the colourful birds in my favourite place, SGNP or should I drive out somewhere - was the confusion!! Well, could not decide on anything so just thought let me try my hand at preparing this salad which was served at my friend’s place during my recent visit to Bangalore. I had loved the taste as well as the colours in it.  I generally prepare the regular Kosambri (cucumber salad or the other veggie salads in south Indian style) or the veggie raitas regularly, but this time I did want to experiment a bit.

So, off I went out and brought home these colourful bell peppers a.k.a capsicum!

Refreshing colours - Red & Yellow Bell Peppers!

Cubed the peppers and whisked some sauce to dress up the salad.

Cubed bell peppers,  cabbage julienne, some mayo with magic sauce and olive oil!

A lazy Sunday looked more interesting with my daughter joining me in the kitchen.  Of course, the minute she entered the kitchen I was sure that I had some extra work.  She would never let me do anything simple. ‘Are you adding paneer to it’? ‘You know, cheese would go so well with it’…are just a few suggestions I would be subjected to! Well, a salad would never be simple after her grand entry!

That extra touch - Paneer and cheese!

Well, the next 15 minutes I was busy. The mayonnaise seemed to be perfect for mixing the veggies with but I had added to it a tsp of black pepper sauce, a bit of mixed herbs and liberally squeezed in juice of 1 whole lemon along with a tbsp of olive oil. Later sprinkled some salt and freshly ground black pepper on top of paneer and grated cheese, just before mixing the salad well.

The final 'Creamy look'! Bell Pepper with Paneer & cheese.

Finally, it seemed like I dished out a reasonably tasty salad. Hubby and daughter enjoyed it!







No comments:

Post a Comment